Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WTF Wednesday!

Bad Luck Jenn - WTF Linkup

A link up!
Brought to you by Bad Luck Jenn & Petite Ramblings





Say hello to our co-host this week, Emily from Em-Provising!




OUR EASY RULES:
1. Follow Bad Luck Jenn & Petite Ramblings

2. Follow our co-host Emily

3. Write a post about ANYTHING that makes you go WTF 
4. Grab our snazzy button & link to us in your post
5. Enter your link below & read some other WTF stories!!








I am so proud to say that I am this week's co-host for WTF Wednesday! Yay!! My WTF story isn't terribly long, but it definitely deserved a "WTF?!?!".

M and I live in a subdivision that, for some reason, attracts quite a few solicitors. For a while, we were answering the door about once a week to a solicitor. It infuriates both of us sooo much!

One day, the doorbell rings, and of course, the dog goes CRAZY. He is really big, really protective, and really hard to control when he is concerned about protecting his house. After wrangling Clyde, I peeped out the door to see who it was and was not surprised to see a creepy, unmarked, pervert van parked in my driveway and a man with no uniform just standing idly on my porch, holding a 2-liter of Coke. So I opened the door and went outside to see what he wanted.

"OMG! Why would you do that?", you ask.

WELL... because M got up from what he was doing and came outside too.

The scraggly man's request, which we heard upon walking outside, was not outside of what was expected from your run-of-the-mill solicitor: I am with a carpet cleaning company, and we will do a whole room of your house for FREE to show you how well we clean carpets (of course he was not this well-spoken).

...And then he said: Here is a free 2-liter of Coke for you. He hands me the Coke, and not wanting to be rude, I took it. What do you do when someone hands you a 2-liter??

But we did not want our carpet cleaned. Holding the newly-gifted 2-liter, M and I politely refused the carpet cleaning and told the man that we were not interested.

"Oh..." he said, "Then I am gonna need that 2-liter back", and he grabbed it out of my hands and walked back to his pervert-van, got in, and drove off.


WTF???

No comments:

Post a Comment